Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Whoever You Are by Donna Marie Lanheady


Title: Whoever You Are
Author: Donna Marie Lanheady
Format: Paperback, 184 pages
Pub. Date: September 2012
Source: From the Bootheel Cotton Patch blog

★★★

Three stars.

Emily McGinn, as first introduced in Where Secrets Lie, has a set life. A girlfriend and a family that she loves, a career that she's rather good at. Both feet planted on the ground, Emily knows her place in life, and is content with it. That is, until she receives an inheritance from someone that she's never even heard of before. With that one phone call, her life as she knows it unravels at the seams, and will never be the same.

--

Over all, I was disappointed with this book. I absolutely adored Where Secrets Lie, which was one of the best books I've received from the Goodreads First Reads program. Unfortunately, this one just wasn't as good. I didn't connect to Emily at all. The story was slow, and throughout I felt disjointed or disconnected from the plot. Overall, I found myself just not caring.

However, that being said, I do love the setting. This book really does make me want to visit Colorado. It simply sounds beautiful.

I recommend it to people who enjoy realistic fiction with slight LGBT themes.

Thank you to Flora of From the Bootheel Cotton Patch blog and Donna Marie Lanheady for the signed copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment