Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cinder by Marissa Meyer


★★★★★

Five stars.

I absolutely adored this book. 4.5 stars, rounded up.

---

Cinder is a retelling of the classing fairytale Cinderella. Set in the future, after the fourth World War, our Earthly society is one of both man and machine. Cinder is a cyborg, outcast because of it. Shes also a mechanic, and when Prince Kai comes to her booth for her expertise, she can't get him out of her head. Unfortunately when you're part machine, and the plague is killing people around you left and right, it's hard to stay positive. Add in the fact that Cinder has "special" blood and a looming war with the citizens of Luna, a colony on the moon, you have one helluva futuristic princess tale that's not what your mama read you.

---

Much to my surprise, I loved this book. After hearing so much hype, I was expecting to be disappointed. I'm very glad to be wrong. This story was vividly written and easy for me to imagine the story and surroundings. I felt part of the story, and though it was predictable (it is Cinderella, after all), I found myself rapidly turning the pages to see what happened next, and horrified when I ran out of book. I will definitely be investing in the sequel.

I recommend it to fans of fairytales, YA, or cyborgs and intergalactic war.

Thanks to Marissa Meyer and Jean Booknerd Blog for my copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment