Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Slide by Jill Hathaway


★★★★

Four stars.

I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Vee Bell is keeping a secret from everyone around her, out of fear that they will think that she's insane. Everyone has been told that she's narcoleptic, which excuses her random blackouts, but she knows that narcolepsy isn't her ailment. When she blacks out, she "slides"- goes into someone else's mind and sees the world from their eyes. It was random, at first, that she slid. But now, she's gaining control. It's because of this gift that she knows that the girl who committed suicide was murdered, and she was in the mind of the killer. With more than a few suspects in mind, Vee works to solve the murder, stop them from killing again, and on the way, digs up some family secrets.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book. It was quickly paced and easy to read, which is always a plus for me. I liked that for awhile I had no idea what in the hell was going on- and I mean that in the highest of compliments. Just when I thought I knew who the killer was, a new kink was added to the plot, and I was left just as puzzled as Vee.

I give it four stars out of five: I very much enjoyed the story, but I felt that the end was a bit rushed, and I wanted more details concerning Rollins. I felt that I never really got to know him, despite the brief look into his life.

I recommend it to the teen/young adult audience, it's definitely worth a read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment