Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Send by Patty Blount


Title: Send
Author: Patty Blount
Format: Paperback, 304 pages
Pub. Date: August 1st 2012
Source: Safari Poet blog

★★★★★

Five stars.

"Dan" needs to make a fresh start. Again. Finally out of juvie, he needs to try to move on, but what he's done can never be forgiven, at least in his own mind. So with a change in his name, and a new school, he starts his senior year. But his guilt leads him to protect a kid from being bullied, and enters himself in a whirlwind of drama and fighting that is far bigger than himself. And then there's Julie, who stares at him just a bit too intently. But she has secrets of her own, and when their friendship strengthens, the ticking time bomb goes off, and it's unclear who will be alive when the smoke clears.

---

Wow.

That's pretty much my summary of this book. This book dug up so many old memories that I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried. Hard. I thought of a girl I knew who killed herself in high school because of rumors and gossip that her "friends" spread about her. She tried to talk to me and I thought it was weird. I read her myspace statuses and thought they were a bit dark. And then it was too late. This book impacted me very personally, and I imagine that it'll effect others the same way. Teens and adults should both read this. It's deep, moving, and dramatic, but the message is (though obvious) so important.

Thank you to Safari Poet blog for my copy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment