Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater


Title: Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1)
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Format: Hardcover, 392 pages
Pub. Date: August 1st 2009
Source: Purchased.

★★★★★

Five stars.

It's been a long time since I've read a werewolf book without vampires. It was a much needed break.

Grace is a girl who has an obsession with wolves. Well, one wolf in particular, one that hangs around the woods in her yard, the one with yellow eyes. He only comes around in the winter, & she lives for those cold days where she can see him. But then she meets a boy with the same familiar, sad eyes. Grace will have to face the truth about this boy, Sam, his past, her fascination with wolves, herself, & a wolf attack on a jock from her school that mirrors a memory from her own past.

I loved this book. It's an easy to read young adult novel that tells an enjoyable story. I fell in love with Sam as Grace did, though I related more to him than I did to her. I'm glad I gave this a try, & I'm definitely going to be reading the next in the series.

I recommend it for young adults & fans of the YA genre. If you're looking for a violent, horror-like wolf story, this is not for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment