Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire


Title: Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1)
Author: Jamie McGuire
Format: Paperback, 416 pages
Pub. Date: August 14th 2012
Source: Aestas Book Blog

★★★★★

Five stars.

Travis Maddox is famous on campus. A star fighter in an underground ring, and a notorious ladies' man, there are few that haven't heard of him, and fewer still who haven't slept with him. Abby on the other hand is making a fresh start at college, tucking away her past. So when Travis sees this "good girl" in a cardigan at one of his fights, she immediately gains his attention. A friendship blossoms, but is made way more interesting when a bet between the pair is made. If Abby wins, man-whore Travis can't have sex for a month. But if Abby loses, she has to live with Travis for that month. Boundaries are pushed, skeletons are ripped from their closets, & neither student will ever be the same.

----

I loved this book. Upon reading the reviews, I saw a lot of negativity & I wasn't sure I'd enjoy reading this. But, I loved it. I think Abigail is relatable and Travis is dreamy. He's definitely a broken character, but being a bit damaged myself that only made him more appealing to me. It was a quick read, I read it in about two sittings. I can't wait until book two, from Travis' perspective, to come out. I recommend this book to any girl who wants to read about a slightly abusive tattooed fighter.

Thanks to Aestas Book Blog for my copy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment