Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Wedding Beat: A Novel by Devan Sipher


★★★★★

Five stars.

I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Gavin Greene is a newspaper columnist who writes about weddings- something that he's never experienced himself. Unlucky in love, he wonders if he is destined to spend his life alone, a fly on the wall at others' happy affairs, or if somewhere out there is the future Mrs. Greene... And then he meets her. The One that he can't take his mind off of- but love giveth, and love taketh away. Just like that, the girl with the sunny smile is gone. He tries to get her off of his mind and move on... Until the article he has to write is for her wedding.

I adored this book. I found myself laughing with Gavin and aching with him, hoping for him that he would his happy ending. I especially liked that it's told from a male perspective, something I'm not too used to from this genre. If The Ugly Truth and a Sophie Kinsella book had a love child, The Wedding Beat would be it. I recommend it, and sincerely hope that Devan Sipher writes more in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment