Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Come to the Tower, Love by Lisa Greer


Title: Come to the Tower, Love
Author: Lisa Greer
Format: Paperback, 144 pages
Pub. Date: April 25th 2012
Source: Lisa Greer

★★★★★

Five stars.

Mausoleums, dungeons, bloodletting, sexy priests. Ms. Greer, kindly step out of my brain please. ;)

Morgan Peers finds herself thrust into the role of "lady of the manor" when she inherits an old house with a dark, isolated past in a small town. The history teacher part of her wants to unveil its secrets, but the house is just a bit *too* creepy to face alone. She gains the attention of a priest in the town, Noel, who thinks her "ghost stories" are far from crazy, but on the other hand, her attractive gardener isn't so quick to believe. Is Morgan going insane, or is there more than just dust & shadows lurking in the historic house? And more importantly... Which of these men will claim Morgan's heart & save her from things that go bump in the night?

I loved this novella, plain & simple. It was jam-packed with things I love: history, ghost stories, pending insanity. It was fast paced & easy to get through. To be honest, I probably should have seen the ending coming, but alas I did not. It ended in a pleasant whirlwind that left me wanting more. I would definitely want to read another novel(la) featuring the delicious Noel Crimson.

Thank you to Ms. Greer for the free copy, I'm definitely glad I won this.

I give it a 4.5 (rounded to 5), & recommend it to fans of paranormal stories, as well as anyone who has a teensy little secret desire for men of faith (like myself).

0 comments:

Post a Comment