Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


Title: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
Author: Katie McGarry
Format: Hardcover, 392 pages
Pub. Date: July 31st 2012
Source: Framed in Words blog

★★★★★

Five stars.

Pushing the Limits is a book that follows two high school "freaks". One of them is Echo, a girl who used to be popular but showed up after an absence wearing only long sleeves. The rumors ruined her. Then there's Noah, a druggie "bad boy" with far more on his plate than people would guess. Assigned to be his tutor, Echo learns that they might not be so different, and can help each others' slightly insane pasts, even if the school hierarchy disapproves.

---

I loved this book. The chapters alternate between points of view (Noah and Echo), which help you see both sides of the love/lust story. I felt that Noah was desirable and likable while still having a bit of rebellious controlling tendencies, and that Echo was a female who actually developed over time, and I didn't want to punch her in the face. I just wanted her to be fixed and happy. I liked the plot, and it had me sucked in. I had to know what happened. I read this book in one setting, with no regrets. I recommend it for teens, romantics, and fans of the weird new New adult/contemporary hybrid.

Thank you to Angela of Framed in Words blog for my gorgeous hard cover copy of this book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment