Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Switched by Amanda Hocking


★★★★★

Five stars.

I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Life was never a warm, accepting place for Wendy Everly. Her own mother, Kim, was cold and loathing, and even attempted to kill her on her sixth birthday. After all, Wendy was a girl. Kim's child was supposed to be a boy, and in her mind, Wendy had killed the boy and taken his place. In Kim's eyes, Wendy was nothing but a monster and a murderer. Left with a feeling or rejection, Wendy was raised by her aunt, Maggie and her brother Matt. Now seventeen, she's been kicked out of schools and has a hard time making friends... But things are different this time. Finn, a dark and handsome stranger, has peaked her interest, and she promised Matt that she would try harder this time. That is, until Finn shares some alarming information, and Wendy learns that Kim may have been right all along...

I positively adored this book. The vivid description made me feel like I was right beside Wendy and Finn, among the Trylle. I was left hanging on every word, from the very start of the prologue. There is a perfect amount of romance, drama, and even humor, though admittedly, it did slow down in the middle. I got a bit tired of hearing how no one wanted Wendy, and though I sympathized, it got a little hard to get through. But with that being said, once you read this, you'll be eager to read the next installment.

I give this book 5 stars. I recommend it for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance, and dark, handsome mysterious gentlemen characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment