Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson


★★★★★

Five stars.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was recommended to me by a friend, and boy am I more than a little glad that I decided to give it a chance.

Journalist Mikael Blomkvist finds himself tied up in a battle of words and articles with a financial mogul with hands that are far from clean. On a self-suggested sabbatical, he gets a phone call offering him a freelance job that for reasons he can't entirely explain, he can not turn down. Working for a former CEO of a once powerful company, he must solve a case that has been closed for decades in order to obtain information that could sink his financial mogul for good. Eventually paired up with the "socially incompetent" computer mastermind Lisbeth Salander, they find themselves in a heart racing investigation beyond either of their expectations.

Not one for mysteries or crime novels, I was pleasantly surprised when I enjoyed this novel. It was hard for me to put down, and I grew to love Lisbeth and her tough, smart way of dealing with the problems she's dealt. I'll definitely be reading the next book in the series. I recommend it for those who like a good murder mystery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment