Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Savage Hunger by Terry Spear


Title: Savage Hunger (Heart of the Jaguar #1)
Author: Terry Spear
Format: ARC
Pub. Date: October 2nd 2012
Source: Goodreads First Reads

★★★

Three stars.

I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.

Maya & Conner are in the Amazon, letting their primal side show. Siblings, both are jaguar shifters who escape to the rainforest for a feline vacation where they can relax & let their claws out. A girl instantly claims Conner's attention as she is held captive by an enemy during a US army mission. He comes to her aid, but nothing changes. She leaves, he obsesses over her, & his sister Maya simply wants him to be happy. Both cats are shocked when this human, Kathleen, shows up once more in the Amazon. Conner is wary, but will he find out how Maya is intervening with his love life behind his spotted back?

Over all, I found this book to be simply boring. It moved slow, & rather predictably. I wasn't particularly fond of Kathleen nor Conner (though I did like Maya), & I feel that this disconnect from the characters pulled me away from the plot. As a general rule (not law, just a guideline) I stay away from novels with half naked men on the cover. This reminds me why.

However, I did like that it wasn't about wolves. Don't get me wrong, I love me some lupine romance. But using jaguars as the main focus of a paranormal romance was a good idea that I think a lot of people will like more than I did.

I give this a three out of five. It's nothing that you should rush out & buy the day it comes out, but should you pick it up somewhere, give it a shot. I firmly believe that a lot of readers will enjoy this book, but it's just not quite for me

0 comments:

Post a Comment