Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mini Review: Unhinged- Chapter Sampler


Title: Unhinged - Chapter Sampler
Author: A.G. Howard
Format: egalley edition
Future Pub. Date: January 7th 2014
Source: Netgalley & Amulet Books

★★★★★

Five teasing stars.

This review is going to be short, since this is only a chapter excerpt.

Just one chapter, I thought to myself. You won't be completely enthralled after just one chapter. It cannot possibly be enough time to become smitten with this book. Wrong.

I will not lie to you, the immediate reason this attracted my eye is the cover. It's stunning. I love the color scheme, I love the way that Morpheus is situated. I would hang this up on my wall. And then of course, there's the reason of it being a retelling of one of my favorite fairy tale stories- Alice in Wonderland.

This short, one chapter sampling gives a small insight into the upcoming release of the novel, Unhinged. The language is gorgeous, the descriptions beautiful enough for the reader to completely picture themselves through the looking glass. And then there's Morpheus. I will be dying/eagerly awaiting January 2014 just so I can learn more about this man and read more about his bad-boy sounding self.

This chapter has fueled my desire to read this book and is a perfect tease- just enough to wet your mouth with the continuing story line from Splintered, but not enough to satisfy the longing for the book's release. Unhinged will definitely be a book worth watching out for, I can already tell.

Thanks to Netgalley and Amulet Books for the chance to read this excerpt.

2 comments: