Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

[Mini Review] Same Time Next Year


Title: Same Time Next Year
Editor: Jenna Bennett
Format: Kindle edition
Pub. Date: November 28th 2011
Source: Amazon Freebie

★★

Two stars.

Every year, Regina White and Tyler Harrison leave their boring home lives behind. Having met at a hotel during a conference some eight years ago, they reserve the same two rooms with an adjoining door on the same day every year. Raising the eyebrow of the hotel staff, no one quite understands the "special" arrangement that the two infamous lovers share...

Because there's only nine or so pages to this short story, there's not really that much to say about it, so this review is quick and to the point.

-The side characters are judgemental and almost rude. It's none of their damn business what goes on.

- The sentences ran on, making me pull away from the intimacy.

- The "twist" is nothing new. It made me think of an episode Modern Family, actually. Take that as you will.

I can't really complain too much, since it was free. However, that would be the only way I'd recommend it. As I say in a lot of other novella/short story reviews: it's not enough to be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this was a disappointing read for you, my Dove. But even so, you always give a fair and great review. I look forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete