Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Witches Of The World by Diane Canwell & Jonathan Sutherland


★★

Two stars.

There's not much to say. I was drawn in to this book by its intriguing front page, but as the adage goes- "Don't judge a book by its cover." This book very basically touches on topics such as the "witch craze", tools, familiars, and different myths/stories of witches throughout the world. I personally felt that though the photography within its pages was stunning, some of the space would have been better spent with more information. I felt myself learning just enough about each topic to be briefly introduced, and nothing more. Having studied this kind of lore for a number of years, I didn't learn anything new, save for maybe a myth or two. I'd only recommend this book for beginners to the subject.

0 comments:

Post a Comment