Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Review: Anything For You


Title: Anything for You: Erotica for Kinky Couples
Editor: Rachel Kramer Bussel
Format: Paperback, 244 pages
Pub. Date: August 7th 2012
Source: Rachel Kramer Bussel

★★★★

Four stars.

Anything for You: Erotica for Kinky Couples is an anthology of nearly twenty erotic short stories. This collection is unique, in that it focuses on a very particular reader audience: couples. This book contains a story for everyone, and is sizzling hot from cover to cover, and on each page in between.

---

The thing that I adore about Rachel Kramer Bussel's anthologies is the amazing variation that she includes in each book. Anything For You is absolutely no exception to this. Within this anthology, there are stories between girls, boys, mixes of the two, female Dominants, male Dominants, public play, old couples, young couples. You want it, this book has got it.

As I always do when I'm lucky enough to get my hands on one of these collections, I'll highlight my three favorite stories from this collection. These are in no particular order. The first is entitled "Teppanyaki" by Janine Ashbless. This steamy little morsel tells the story of a couple that decides to have visitors for dinner, and it quickly becomes an entirely different kind of "party", much to the kinky surprise of one of the guests. The well written food and humiliation scenes made me want to have a dinner party of my very own, and soon *winks*. The next story that I most enjoyed is called "Notes from Her Master" by Kathleen Tudor. In this tale, a submissive women is given a little present for her plane ride on a business trip away from her Master. Little does she know that there are several directions for her to obey- and He'll know if she didn't. This one contains public play, airplane fun, and humiliation. Something about one gave me chills in the best possible way. The final one in my top three is called "Lap It Up" by Kay Jaybee, and involves two lovely ladies, puppy play, and Domination. It's not a kink I see represented a lot, and personally it's a refreshing change.

The lesser liked stories were marked as such due to one or more of the following: a lack of emotional writing (I hate when sex scenes are just that), a kink that I don't enjoy/am not into, or featured a second person narration (a personal peeve, no fault of the authors).

This book is a perfect read for couples that play together to enjoy together. Fans of erotica and kink, as well as Rachel's other publications, won't be disappointed by this book. It's a welcome addition to my fun shelf.

Thanks so much to the editor for my copy

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this book, I have a feeling this one will be one we read to each other ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'm single, but this still sounds like a really great read! Will be adding this to my wishlist. Am kind of intrigued by the puppy play one myself! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is EVERY bit as good if you're single :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks hun! Glad 'Lap it Up' hit the spot! Kay xx

    ReplyDelete