Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Raised by Bats Preorder



Hello my lovely readers. Today, I want to talk to you about one of my favorite musicians, Aurelio Voltaire.



Yup, that devastatingly handsome pirate up there. He's a Gothic singer, who is hard to classify, but who has fans that listen to a wide spectrum of rock, Goth, New Romanic, New Wave, Alternative, and Gothrock. If his name sounds familiar to you, then you probably read my review of his first novel, Call of the Jersey Devil, earlier this year. My review can be found here. Now, why am I choosing to talk about him on this lovely Sunday afternoon?

Because he needs your help!

Voltaire is working on completing his newest studio album, Raised by Bats. And let me tell you, I am dying to listen to it. It is full of brilliant musicians! This album features:

Brian Viglione (Dresden Dolls, The Violent Femmes ) on drums.

Ray Toro (My Chemical Romance) on guitar.

Knox Chandler (Siouxsie & the Banshees, Depeche Mode, The Creatures) on guitar.

Craig Adams (Sisters of Mercy, Mission UK, The Cult, The Alarm) on bass,

Emilio China (Psychic TV, Peter Murphy's Band) on bass.

Chibi (The Birthday Massacre) - vocals.

Frank Morin (World Inferno Friendship Society) on guitar.

Franz Nicolay (World Inferno Friendship Society) on accordion.

Melora Creager (Rasputina) on cello.

Julia Marcell - vocals

Armen Ra (Antony and the Johnstons, Mark Almond) on theremin!

with backing vocals by:

The Cruxshadows, Bella Morte, Ego Likeness, Zombina and the Skeletones and Angel Spit!

How amazing is that line up!?

---

Now, Voltaire has an indiegogo fundraiser posted to help him raise the money to finish this CD, and he has some AMAZING incentives for your donations! Signed CDs, posters, t-shirts, plushies, and if you're generous enough, even concerts! For as low as ten dollars, you too can own a digital copy of this gonna-be-awesome album. Click here to check out the other impressive incentives you can order!

But Jill! I hear you exclaim over the blogosphere. I've never heard of this Voltaire. How do I know if I like his music? What does he sound like? Well, my loyal readers, allow me to assist in your musical education this afternoon! Below is a Youtube video for one of his most well known songs, When You're Evil. In fact, it was my first Voltaire experience. It's dark, catchy, and just listen to that voice.


And as a bonus, I'm including a song from his recent science-fiction album, called "Bitrektual". I know that there's some Whovians that read my posts with regularity, so here's a song all about Doctor Who!


So, if you love the aforementioned music videos, or are already a fan of Voltaire's, go and check out his newest album's preorder page. In addition to whatever merchandise you get from Voltaire himself, I will send you a note of gratitude across the internet for the world to see. Support independent music artists, and check out Raised by Bats!

I'm ending this post with a picture of Voltaire and I together, because I was lucky enough to meet him just this past week at a show right here in Illinois. I had to take two 3 1/2 hour trains, miss three classes (including a quiz... Oops), and crash on my friend's couch for the night, but his shows are so worth it. He's hilarious, talented, and ridiculously nice. So go forth and order! I did!


I love this picture. It's candid, but I don't even care.

3 comments:

  1. He's got my order! I can't wait for this album to come out! Just asdfghjklkjhgfdsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! (And I didn't know you lived in Illinois - small world!) If I weren't an oh so broke student saving every last penny for a new oboe (to the tune of $8000) I would totally be doing this :(. But yay for introducing me to his stuff in your review of his book!

    ReplyDelete