Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Stacking the Shelves [79]



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to show off the books we've won, bought, or otherwise received in the past week. If a book catches your eye, *click* the picture to go to the Goodreads page of that book.

New from Netgalley:

None!

Fabulous Freebies:

Sneaking Candy by Lisa Burstein
Love, Chocolate, and Beer by Violet Duke
Aurora Sky by Nikki Jefford
Gravity by Melissa West





In My Email Inbox:

Into a Million Pieces by Angela V. Cook
The Aesir Kids by James Grant Goldin & Charlotte Goldin
Zoe & Zak and the Ghost Leopard by Lars Guignard
Light in the Dark by Elizabeth Tuttle




Purchased:

Medieval English Verse by Brian Stone



In My Mailbox:


So I got a big surprise from Harlequin Books this week. I had tweeted them telling them about how I wish I could shut these kids up in my English class. We were having a discussion of what a "novel" really is and what defines art. He asked if "trashy books" like Harlequin were considered "art". A bunch of kids scoffed and were like "um, no of course not." To which I scoffed, because shut up I review for them. My teacher went on to talk about how they are too art, but I left annoyed. The wonderful people at Harlequin asked for my address, and they sent me this awesome swag to show off in class. Thank you SO MUCH <3



Flirting with Disasyer by Victoria Dahl
The Devil Takes a Bride by Julia London
Three Sisters by Susan Mallery
A SEAL's Secret by Tawny Weber
The Art of Romance: A Century of Romance Art by Jan Tempest

Plus socks, a tote, and an adorable note. (Ha, I rhymed)

I also got a box of fantastic Squishables this week in the mail from my girlfriend in a combination birthday/Valentine's day gift. THEY'RE SO FLUFFY. It's a macaron, a chocolate covered strawberry, a hippogriff, and a werewolf. See? Hippogriffs and werewolves or bookish. RELEVANT.


My Giveaways:


Secret of a Thousand Beauties by Mingmei Yip

What about you!?

8 comments:

  1. I've got a few Aurora Sky books sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read. I really hope to get started on the seriers this spring but other things keep getting in the way! I hope they turn out to be as good as they look. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoy them!

      Delete
  2. How awesome of Harlequin! What a great surprise.

    I picked up the Violet Duke one a few days back. Looks good. Just grabbed teh Aurora Sky one. Had seen it the other day and was curious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those squishables are so cute! Kudos for you for standing up for your reading choices. I hate when other people judge things on not being "literary" enough or that writing a romance is not "art." I feel like that when someone says YA books are not intelligent or creative reads. Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was really happy that my professor defended them too.

      Delete
  4. Sweet haul this week baby girl, and I'm so glad that you got your squishie friends so soon! They'll be great reading buddies I'm sure :) Also that note has me singing Taylor Swift and I'm not even sorry anymore..... Cause the hater's gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. And the player's gonna play, play, play, play, play. I just gotta shake, shake, shake, shake, shake. Shake it off.....

    ReplyDelete