Pages

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Mini Review: Forever Winter


Title: Forever Winter
Author: Amber Daulton
Format: ebook
Pub. Date: March 26th 2013
Source: Amber Daulton

★★★★

Four stars.

Susanna Lorican wanted nothing more than to finally marry the love of her life, one Viscount Camden Beckinworth. Only, nature and fate don't seem to be on her side. With the winter snow piling up, everything seems to be put on pause, from the arrival of her guests and dress to the courtyard that she'd initially wanted to utilize. The obstacles just keep coming, but come hell or high water, their love will persevere and the wedding will take place, if Susanna has anything to say about it!

---

Overall, this was a well paced short story about love and dedication. The writing was fluid and well described, and in the sweltering heat of Illinois in July, it made me miss the chilly winter season. (I know that others can't stand the snow, but winter is my favorite time of year.) I normally don't fancy historical fiction, but thought the characters seemed likable enough and I have to admire Susanna's tenacity. I probably would have just delayed the wedding after the first or second snag in the plans.

Thank you to author Amber Daulton for my copy of this novella.

4 comments:

  1. I love winter too, who would stay in Wisconsin if they didn't? :D This is a very nice mini review, well done as always. I hope such snags don't occur for us in the future! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they do, you'll have to be the one suffering hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review, Jill! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete