Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Unwilling by Kerrigan Byrne


Title: Unwilling (Highland Historical #2)
Author: Kerrigan Byrne
Format: Kindle Edition, 92 pages
Pub. Date: June 13th 2012
Source: Amazon freebie

★★★★

Four kilt-wearing stars.

Lindsay was promised to another when she becomes the prisoner to a ruthless Berserker killer who claimed her in the midst of a battle. She refuses to acknowledge her feelings for him, keeping to herself and keeping him at bay. But how long can she stay away from the devilish, rogue charm, and when his life is laid in her hands, what will she be willing to risk to save her captor?

----

This short story was my first introduction to the "men in kilts" genre that seems to be trending lately. Upon reading it, I now understand the need for highland romance. Though short, this story has a decent plot and steamy scenes that may require the reader to fan themselves after.

+Let's get the dirty bits out of the way- I enjoyed the way that the sex scenes were written. They were well written with a diverse vocabulary that made each scene unique, avoiding the monotony I sometimes feel while reading romances. They were steamy but not overly crass, nor overly glossed over.

+I liked the almost fairy tale like plot of beauty and the beast. I don't know if that's what the author intended, but that's most definitely what I compared it to. A beast like, strong, alpha male who cannot always control himself and claims a pretty girl as his own. A pretty girl who is stubborn at times and comes to his library in search of a book.

-At some parts, there were spelling errors in addition to grammatical ones. The main ones I found were fragmented sentences. Though there weren't many, it did make me reread parts now and then and generally cut away from the flow of an otherwise good story.

If you're a fan of quick steamy romance or strong men in kilts, than this is the book for you. If sex or violence aren't your kind of deal, then give this book a pass.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like another book for me to read, let's just switch Kindles for a day or something, kay? Kay. I love your review as always, you book blogging god.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may take my life, but you'll never take my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete