Pages

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [52]



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to show off the books we've won, bought, or otherwise received in the past week. If a book catches your eye, *click* to go to the Goodreads page of that book.

First, I'd like to make an apology for the slow week. My wireless was down for a few days, so I am a bit behind on reviews. If you're waiting on one from me, I'm working on it, I promise!

Otherwise, this was a good week. Got quite a few reads, and got to go to a Chicago White Sox game, where I got to eat bacon on a stick. Bacon. On. A. Stick. It took the sting out of the loss a bit, as did the fact that it was Mullet Night. I love Chicago.

Netgalley:

Chop Suey, USA by Yong Chen
Madly, Deeply by Erica Crouch
North: The New Nordic Cuisine of Iceland by Gunnar GĂ­slason
The Broken Heart Diet by Tom Formaro
If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones
People I Want to Punch in the Throat by Jen Mann





Amazon Freebie:
The YA Readers Little Black Book by Various Authors


In the Mail:


Thanks Rachel! I LOVE IT.

Bonus Picture:
Bacon on a stick.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say "North" and "People I Want to Punch in the Throat" are two that I really want to read just from the covers and titles. I can't wait for those reviews. I love the necklace and appreciate the bacon picture. I didn't end up licking my screen, what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jewelry is so beautiful! I love the necklace. Rachel Harris has great swag :D And bacon on a stick, looks and sounds good ;D I hope you enjoy all of your new books and swag!

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good but sooo fattening haha. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Mullets? Bacon on a Stick? Sounds like fun. You got some nice looking books too. Come see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That necklace is fab! I need to go check out the book! I saw People I Want to Punch in the Throat on Netgalley--it looks awesome! I'll watch for your review. :)

    ReplyDelete