Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [58]



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to show off the books we've won, bought, or otherwise received in the past week. If a book catches your eye, *click* the picture to go to the Goodreads page of that book.

So, this week has been a tiring one. It's the first week back at college, and I'm still getting in the swing of things. One of my classes will be a nightmare (biology lab. Ick). But I love my Japanese course and my Asian Religions course, so that's good. Now. Onto the stash!

Netgalley:
In the Raw by Nikka Michaels, Eileen Griffin
Party Games: A Fear Street Novel by R.L. Stine


Freebies:
Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison


In My Inbox:
Holly Hearts Hollywood by Kenley Conrad
Rival Love by Natalie Decker
Chasing Power by Sarah Beth Durst (Thanks Sarah!)
Salem's Vengeance by Aaron Galvin (Thanks Aaron & Aeicha)
The Girl and the Clockwork Cat by Nikki McCormack
Kitty Hawk and the Curse of the Yukon Gold by Iain Reading (Thanks Iain!)




I also won the grand prize giveaway from author Joy Daniels, which included a $25 Amazon gift card, a $25 iTunes gift card, and the following two ebooks. Thank you SO MUCH!


In My Mailbox:
Hungry for More by Rachel Kramer Bussel (Thanks Cleis Press!)
The Sexy Librarian's Big Book of Erotica by Rose Caraway (Thanks Cleis Press!)
Throne of Glass & Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas (Signed. Thank you so much to The Book Hookup for the gorgeous signed UK editions!)
Mighty Spice Express Cookbook by John Gregory Smith (Thanks Goodreads.)




Be sure to check out my giveaways! Click here to win a $25 Amazon Card and click here to win an ebook. All giveaways are in the right column of this page!

37 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed Dead Witch Walking so I bought the rest of the series. I gave up on it halfway through book three as I didn't like the Ivy plot that was going on in the two sequels. It's a pity coz I loved the humour and the characters. Hope you enjoy the series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I didn't even realize it was free on Amazon, but a friend I was talking to on Twitter who knows I haven't read much urban fantasy made me get it, haha

      Delete
  2. I forgot to add Dead Witch Walking to my Stacking the Shelves! I might just have to go back and edit that one in!
    I'm really looking forward to reading the Throne of Glass series and Salem's Vengeance sounds like a great October read! :) Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you picked it up too? I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulous haul. I also got Throne of Glass this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds read alike, haha. I hope it's as good as the hype!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this haul looks awesome. I like the look of Chasing Power and Sarah Beth Durst is a pretty cool author.

    Kat @ Readiculous Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was super excited when she invited me to review it, I loved Conjured.

      Delete
  5. I am so jealoussssssss, I want the R.L Stein book, and the Clockwork Cat, and.... All of them. Lucky. Enjoy your haul babe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, Chasing Power! I loved Sarah Beth Durst's Vessel. Also, I liked Throne of Glass, didn't like Crown of Midnight, but really liked Heir of Fire... so there's that :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books! And good luck with week 2 at uni!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous weekend :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Conjured from her as well. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I love the Throne of Glass series! I also have heard great things about Kim Harrison's books. Chasing Power is super high on my tbr. I'm looking forward to some of the others too. Awesome stack! Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep hearing good things about ToG. I hope I love it too!

      Delete
  8. Ooh, great haul!!! I have Chasing Power and Heir Of Fire, and I can't WAIT to read them both!!! I hope you enjoy all your new goodies this week! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started Chasing Power and I'm really liking it so far.

      Delete
  9. i'm so excited for sarah's new book. everything i've read by her i've really, really liked. awesome haul jillyn! happy reading and i hope you can stop by my StS Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the 2 Maas books but I still need to read them. And I love the Harrison one! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high hopes for the Harrison one. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. Congratulations on all your great books this week. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh shit! There's a new Fear Street novel?! I'm IN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that Dead Witch Walking is free. I loved R.L. Stine as a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice haul. They all look like interesting reads. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh these look awesome! Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice books! I hope you love Dead Witch Walking. I thought it was a lot of fun. Rival Love looks good too. I hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I have been recommended it a few times so I am looking forward to it.

      Delete
  17. I'm adding Dead Witch Walking to my tbr list - it sounds very interesting! :)

    I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Find the information here: http://never-anyone-else.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. AHH I need Crown of Midnight so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I loved Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight! SO so good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete