Pages

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stacking the Shelves [56]



Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews where we get to show off the books we've won, bought, or otherwise received in the past week. If a book catches your eye, *click* the picture to go to the Goodreads page of that book.

Netgalley:
Alex As Well by Alyssa Brugman
Cut Me Free by J.R. Johansson
Empire of Sin: A Story of Sex, Jazz, Murder, and the Battle for Modern New Orleans by Gary Krist
Doctor Who: Engines of War by George Mann
Hellenismos: Practicing Greek Polytheism Today by Tony Mierzwicki
Forevermore: Guided in Spirit by Edgar Allan Poe by Kristy Robinett
Summer Loving by Alison Tyler




Freebies:
Good Girl Gone Plaid by Shelli Stevens



In the Mail:
Salvage by Alexandra Duncan
It's All Greek to Me by Debbie Matenopolous


What about you?

14 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got the Doctor Who book -huff- This whole haul is delightful, I'd love to read these books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salvage was a weird one. I would be interested to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been hearing that a lot, it's got me a bit nervous lol

      Delete
  3. Oooh, Cut Me Free?!! I'm so so excited for that! I loved Insomnia and I just won Paranoia (which I'm reading asap) so I'm keen to see what else JR Johansson can do. XD I hope it's awesome!
    Thanks for stopping by @ Notebook Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh let me know how Paranoia is! I've never read a book by her before

      Delete
  4. This is the second time I see Alex as Well and Cut Me Free on a STS post this week. I'm really intrigued by them; they are new to me! I might just have to go request them. :) Enjoy all of your latest additions, Jillyn!

    Thanks for visiting our blog!

    Marlene @ The Flyleaf Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you check them out! :)

      Delete
  5. Salvage was a really unique book, but I rather liked it. I'll also be curious to see what you think!
    Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, someone who liked it! I've been hearing mixed thoughts.

      Delete
  6. Salvage looks really good! Definitely on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the text inside matches the cover!

      Delete
  7. I've heard good things about Alex as Well. I hope you enjoy your new books! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gives me some hope then :) Thanks so much!

      Delete