Pages

Monday, February 3, 2020

Review: 30-Minute Meals 2 by Rachael Ray



Title: 30-Minute Meals 2
Author: Rachael Ray
Format: Paperback, 192 pages
Pub. Date: May 22nd 2003
Source: Little Library


Book Description:



Rachael pulls out all the stops in this best-selling collection of recipes. You'll find menus complete with mains, sides, and desserts, tailored for any occasion. Sections include: Make Your Own Take-Out, Monday Thru Friday Dinner Specials, Family-Style Suppers, Double-Duty Dinners, Passport Meals, Big Nights: Very Special Dinners, and Healthy Hunger Busters. Eating Healthy? Try a meat-free meal featuring Ravioli Vegetable Lasagna, Romaine Hearts with Lemon Chive Vinaigrette, and Fresh Oranges with Lime Sorbet. Have hard-to-please kids? We promise you they'll eat Meatball and Macaroni Soup, Grilled 4-Cheese Sandwiches and Chocolate-Dipped Bananas. Over 1.5 million sold!





Review:


★★


I don't know what I expected from this cookbook, but what I got certainly wasn't it. I understand that the whole point of this "cookbook" is that it's stuff you can do in less than 30 minutes. But some of the "recipes" are literally just store bought products. How do you make an Italian cookie plate for a party? Well you buy 2 pounds of Italian cookies and put them on a plate. You know what's a good drink you can make? Store bought root beer and store bought ice cream for a root beer float. Or, store bought lemon curd on top of a store bought pound cake. I don't need a book to tell me to go buy a cake. I know that. I have been to stores, I know they sell cake?

The book is divided into sections: . It's a perfectly fine way of organizing recipes, and makes things easier to navigate.

There's a lot of recipes but virtually no pictures. I like having pictures. Although, I've bought cookies before so I guess I mostly know what to expect.

This book wasn't totally useless to me, and there were a few things in here that sounded like they could be good.

This is maybe a good jumping off point for people who are super busy or who are suuuuper new to cooking. But if you've been around the kitchen a time or two, I don't know that you'll find much use for this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment