Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Mini Review: How to Save Your Child from Ostrich Attacks, Accidental Time Travel, and Anything Else that Might Happen on an Average Tuesday by James Breakwell



Title: How to Save Your Child from Ostrich Attacks, Accidental Time Travel, and Anything Else that Might Happen on an Average Tuesday
Author: James Breakwell
Format: Paperback, 200 pages
Pub. Date: November 5th 2019
Source: Borrowed from Emily


Book Description:



The parenting humorist behind the viral Twitter account @XplodingUnicorn and author of Only Dead on the Inside: A Parent’s Guide to Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse presents the long-awaited guide to surviving everything else

In the era of instant parent shaming and viral hot takes, some questions are too dangerous to ask out loud: What's the proper first aid for my toddler’s vampire bite? What should I do if I take a wrong turn on the way to soccer practice and end up in the Cretaceous Period? How can I fend off Godzilla without disrupting my child's nap?





Review:


★★★

This book is... Fine. That's all I'm really left feeling at the end of it.

I like James Breakwell. I follow him on Twitter, and I find his tweets and clip art style comics hilarious. I know this isn't his first book, but it's the first one that I've read. I'm bummed that I was left disappointed.

It's a funny book. There's definitely a sense of Breakwell's sense of humor here. But it peters out as the book goes on. It starts to feel phoned in and not as thoughtful as the first part of the book. It starts to feel redundant and boring, and not as funny. Which is a definite shame, because he's a funny guy.

I think there are a lot of parents out there who will relate to this and find it funny. There's clearly an audience for it. But for me, it was just sort of meh and there won't be much I remember about it now that I've finished reading it.

1 comment:

  1. This is how my pal Wesley Virgin's report starts with this shocking and controversial VIDEO.

    As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and soon after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "self mind control" secrets that the CIA and others used to get whatever they want.

    THESE are the same SECRETS lots of famous people (notably those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become wealthy and successful.

    You've heard that you use only 10% of your brain.

    That's mostly because most of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Perhaps this conversation has even taken place INSIDE your own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain about seven years back, while driving an unregistered, beat-up trash bucket of a vehicle with a suspended driver's license and $3.20 in his pocket.

    "I'm very fed up with going through life paycheck to paycheck! When will I finally make it?"

    You took part in those questions, am I right?

    Your own success story is going to be written. All you have to do is in YOURSELF.

    CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S METHOD

    ReplyDelete