Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Review: The Art of Catching a Greek Billionaire


Title: The Art of Catching a Greek Billionaire (Greek Billionaire #1)
Author: Marian Tee
Format: Kindle Edition, 93 pages
Pub. Date: December 8th 2013
Source: Amazon Freebie.

★★★★

Three and a half stars, rounded up.

---

Since she was a young girl, Mairi Tanner dreamed of growing up and becoming the loving wife of a handsome Greek billionaire. When she becomes a teacher in Greece at a high-end academy, she realizes that her path to this end might be closer, and far more complicated, than she'd ever guessed.

I have to say that this was a fun little read. I picked it up on Amazon because, as I have no shame in admitting it, I have a thing for Greek men, billionaire or no. So a book on seducing one? Lovely. I appreciated that this book made me laugh at parts in addition to being smoldering. It was a nice reprieve from the lust at times.

Unfortunately the sex scenes, though largely enjoyable, fell a bit flat for me. The lead male was gorgeous and sexily written, but Mairi seemed to just kind of be there. They weren't bad scenes by any means, but they were just missing something. Much like other serial novellas, I am also frustrated where this story left off, though I of course know and respect why the author chose to do so. I would continue reading short stories from this series.

For adult readers who like reading about virgin maidens, sexy Greek billionaires, and steamy trysts in Grecian villas, this is a fun and quick read perfect for lounging around the pool. If sex and profanity aren't for you, than neither is this book.

8 comments:

  1. Great review babe, I can't wait to read this, even though I know I'll be frustrated too lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh was thinking yes I would not mind knowing how to do that! lol Thanks for the heads up on the serial bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate flat sex scenes. But this does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more good than bad. Let me know if you read it.

      Delete
  4. Sounds kind of meh but at least some of the scenes were pretty hot. Thanks for sharing!

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was worth a read for a few of the scenes.

      Delete